G'day from LA

Hello everybody!

We hope that this update finds you all well and enjoying your first two months of 2011.
Hopefully by now all that rain has subsided and you can get on with the start of the AFL season in just a few short weeks. I know that Rod and I are keen to get online and watch games when we can (which will probably be rare considering how under the pump we both are!).

Lisa and Kyah are doing very well.

Kyah is growing up fast. ( I know a lot of you saw her pictures on Facebook). She continues to learn more and more words and is slowly showing signs of perhaps putting her first short sentence together.

We have been enjoying church over here. It has been great to be able to begin serving.

In saying that, man we really miss our GCBC that's for sure. Its crazy!

We had Darrell and Cathy here the other week. And now Lisa's sister (who has been living in the US) along with her husband are coming to stay with us this week. What makes this extra exciting is that they have their new baby with them! Lisa and I are really excited to have them all come and stay with us!

At the same time, and just as exciting, Adrian and Jenny will be here in the US for about a month. Adrian's parents live about 5-10 minutes away from where we live. So they will be staying there. It will be really awesome to have Devon, Zoe and Kyah all playing together here in our home.

Coming up in a few weeks time, the Shepherd's Conference begins (click here).
Each year the President of The Master's Seminary, John MacArthur, requests that every seminary student sings at the conference. So we begin next week , rehearsing. Yes, I know.....me singing? Oh I will be singing! Singing well?.....I doubt it.

Regardless, it will be a great experience to both sing and sit under the teaching of some of the most renowned pastors in the whole world.

Please continue to pray and thank God for us. We are daily reminded of and in need of His grace.

Seminary is flat out at the moment - I have many papers to write, my first Hebrew EXAM on Thursday to study for (including tests and workbooks for it), just shy of 10 books to continually read and write observations for, along with a list longer than both my arms of other studies to do! I am not complaining - I love it. There is lots to do!
(JB warned me so I knew it was coming.)
We love you all dearly and miss you all so much!

Once again, get skype and call us! Or let us know you have skype and we will call you!

With all our love and absolute thankfulness,

- The Johnston's